2016 is just looming over the horizon, but before we get too ahead of ourselves, here's a celebration of Voxburner's brilliant 2015:
- YMS London 2015 saw over 500 delegates from all over the youth marketing world come together at the Oval Space in East London for our biggest event to date.
- Chaired by the charismatic Oli Barrett of Team Cospa, speakers included Facebook, Koppaberg, Airbnb, Universal Music, Twitter, Microsoft, Spotify and much, much more.
- Baroness Sue Campbell of Youth Sport Trust's rousing keynote on building a brighter future with young people absolutely raised the YMS roof. An inspirational woman who was the spearhead in the London 2012 Olympics, the audience were captured by her passion for empowering young people.
- We welcomed delegates from MTV, STA Travel, Propercorn, giffgaff, ITV, Hungry House, Dominos and more over the two conference days. We even welcomed a delegate who flew all the way from Uganda to be at YMS 2015 (shoutout to Tina Byaruhanga!)
- During the event we launched the annual Youth Trends 2015 report, written by our very own Lara Piras, revealing the trends driving young people's behaviour and spending habits now and in the future.
- Save the date! YMS London will be back with a bang on the 8th and 9th of March 2016 at the Roundhouse in Camden. We've already got 65+ speakers lined up from ODEON, McDonald's, Google, boohoo, Channel 4, Primark and more.
New York highlights:
- Our second ever YMS New York conference flew our (very excited) team across the pond for their epic return to the Big Apple. Held at the Bell House in Brooklyn, 20+ amazing speakers and 250 delegates came together to reveal the state of youth marketing in the US of A.
- We were honoured to welcome delegates from Spotify, Victoria's Secret, MTV, Bose, Uber, Sony Music, Elite Daily, Vine and more to the conference, who all spent a dedicated amount of time sharing experiences and connecting with other delegates.
- Chaired by Jeremy Goldman, the YMS New York stage was shared with Conde Nast, YPlan, Refinery29, Mic.com, Tumblr and more.
- The event marked the inaugural launch of the Youth 100 USA report, revealing the most loved brands according to young consumers in America. This year's glittering brand champs included Youtube, Hershey's, Netflix, Amazon and more. (Click here for the full list of winners.)
- We introduced 'work-away Wednesdays' which took the Voxburner team away from the office to work remotely at the coolest cafés in London. (Our favourite venue so far has been the Cereal Killer Café because of their towering cereal cocktails)
- The Voxburner team welcomed Joe Watson as our new sponsorship sales executive and Lauren Dagger as our new delegate sales executive. Lara Piras joined the team as content manager and Brenda Wong rounds up the newbies as the team's new marketing executive.
- And the loveliest news of all: our marketing manager Olivia Newman welcomed a healthy, beautiful baby boy to the world.
2015 has been a wonderful year for Voxburner. We look forward to sharing the next chapter with all of our brilliant clients and customers in 2016, which is already looking to be another awesome year.
We'd like to say a huge thank you to our amazing sponsors and event partners from this year:
12ahead | Acacia Avenue | BAM | Beat Freeks | British Educational Travel Association | Cherry London | CoppaFeel! | Endsleigh | Festyvent | Get Taxi | Graduate Recruitment Bureau | Holler | Hostel and Budget Traveller | ICEF Monitor | Impact Magazine | Kameleon | NCS | Propercorn | Protein | Radiator PR | Reprezent Radio | Save the Children | Social Chain | Social Media Portal | Story Stream | Student Beans | Swhype | The Conservative Party | The Money Charity | The Student Room | The Tab | Think Communications | Thinkhouse | Topdeck Travel | Uber | UK Marketing Network | Urban Nerds | Voxpops | Wheyhey Ice Cream | Youth Sports Trust
We would also like to extend our thanks to all of our incredible speakers, who really made our events fizz with brilliance this year.
Feel free to get in touch if there’s anything we can help you with on 020 3422 7000 or email email@example.com. For now we’ll leave you with a few more photos from a fantastic 2015.
Looking forward to seeing you in 2016 for yet another amazing year of Voxburner events!
Follow us on Twitter @voxburner for more updates from the team.