A simple way to demonstrate your knowledge of the youth market is to share relevant facts on social media. This will help you to reach people with shared interests, including useful contacts and inspiring thought leaders.
Here are 10 interesting facts about Generation Z to get you started. Just click on the fact you want to share to post it to Twitter.
- There are expected to be 2.56 billion people born after the year 2000 living worldwide by 2020 (Fung Global, 2016)
- 75% of Gen Z have an ad blocker installed (Attest, 2017)
- 77% of Gen Z believe that political leaders do not have their best interests in mind (Wunderman, 2016)
- Over half of teens are texting or playing mobile games during the school day (Refuel Agency, 2015)
- Almost 25% of US college and high school students feel Snapchat is essential to their relationships (SCG, 2017)
- 17% of Gen Z want to start a business and hire others, compared to 11% of Millennials (Millennial Branding, 2014)
- Gen Z use the heart emoji more than any word while texting (InSites Consulting, 2017)
- YouTube and Netflix have both overtaken cable TV in daily video consumption among US teens (Piper Jaffray, 2016)
- 52% of Gen Z identify as white, compared to 56% of Millennials (US census data, 2015)
- 55% of Gen Z prefer brands that are eco-friendly (IBM, 2017)